Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gandalf the Yellow-haired

Noah, my four-year-old brother, after watching an animated movie of The Hobbit: "Could you put on my cape?"

I said, "Sure. Do you want the Superman S facing in, or out?"

Noah said, "In. 'Cause Gandalf doesn't fly."

I straightened up and grinned at my sister. "Oh!" I said, "Are you Gandalf?"

"Yep," said the little wizard in the Superman cape, "Only I'm a different kind of wizard, with a sword and shield. I'm a boy Gandalf."

Then a few minutes later, I saw him wearing a red Santa hat. It was his wizard hat, of course! "But it doesn't stay up very good," he admitted to me.

Then for part of today he was St. Michael the Archangel. With a spear, so he could "poke the devil."

6 comments:

miss whimsy said...

Oh, that is so cute!! =D

Holly said...

Haha. :) That's great.

Kristen said...

That's so cute!

Congratulations to your baby sister on saying her first word. That's also very cute. :D

Melissa Cecilia said...

That's so cute!!! :D

I want a little brother... but I'm stuck without one. Aw.

Paul Xavier said...

I love it! Lol

Lostariel said...

lol. :) LotR-lover at a young age.