Monday, May 26, 2008

The Past Few Days

On Thursday we went to Disneyland, "the happiest place in the world," as the t-shirts say. It rained and rained, my brother was scared of Pirates of the Caribbean and didn't want to go on any rides after that, and we had some arguments about where we ought to go next, etc. But all together, we had a really good time. I took some pictures in between the rain, which I will be posting in another post. :)

Then on Friday my siblings and I (excluding Baby Zoe) all left to spend the weekend at my grandparents' house. That was fun. :) My grandma has so many books! I had a lot of fun looking at them, though a few of them were so old that I was afraid to take them off the shelf! I read the play, The Miracle Worker, while I was there. I also read West Side Story, which was short and could be made shorter by skipping over the long, mushy songs. I would have read The King And I if I had the time, but I didn't. Maybe the library has it.

When we got home two things had happened: The Beggar of Volubilis had arrived - finally! I was supposed to read it first, but I got bored after about 50 pages, so I let my sister read it. She finished it in one night, of course. I finished it this morning.

The second thing? My parents had given our horse to the same guy we gave our other horse to. It feels weird, not arguing about whose turn it is to feed the horse(s).

Today my mom was cooking chicken in the kitchen, at about 1:30. She was talking about making eggrolls, and I was wondering why she was making dinner so early. I glanced at the oven clock. It said 7:30! "What?" I thought, "7:30? I mean, I know I slept late, but..." I think I scared my mom by gasping, "WHAT? 7:30? It CAN'T be..." But she told me to look at the clock above the kitchen door. The oven clock was wrong. Funny... I wonder how long that's been going on? I use that clock quite a lot...

It has taken me most of the day to write this post. I keep getting kicked off the computer, and I have to save it. But now my dad has gone fishing and has taken my little sister with him. Zoe is quietly....*looks around* being quiet. So is Noah. And my other sister is playing a video game, while my mom is... *looks around again* cleaning something. Quiet holiday. :)

The Midnight Dancers comes out in less than a week!

No comments: